A Swedish company producing advanced machining technology for the airline industry is looking for a cost-efficient supplier of gray iron castings. The supplier should have certified management system and ability to pre-machining and final machining of produced castings. Manufacturers producing small to heavy-size (20-8500 kg) castings with production batch ranging from 10 to 100 pieces are sought for a subcontracting agreement. Partner company should fulfill at least most of following technical requirements:
• Manufacturing of small to heavy size iron castings 20 – 8500 kg.
• Material EN-GJL-200/250 and EN-GJS-400/500 should be the main raw-material used in the casting.
• Hand moulding or mechanized moulding using resin sand or green sand.
• Typical batch size range in production should be between 10 and 100 pieces.
• Capability of core manufacture.
• Own painting facilities for primary painting
• Own pre-machining and final machining facilities or local partner who can take care of this.
• Capability to manufacture patterns is an advantage.
• Certified quality and environmental systems (at least ISO9001 and ISO14001).